Supply Chain Mapping of the Malaysian and Thailand Ware and Seed Potato Market. This project included:
- Assessment and review of market conditions and trade flows of ware and seed potato in Thailand and Malaysia
- Extensive stakeholder engagement with major industry actors across South Australia, and South East Asia including government agencies, industry regulators, farmers, retailers, food service, buyers and commodity traders.
- Stakeholder engagement was analysed in conjunction with regulatory review of market conditions for Australian companies in the multiple international markets, incorporating formal government regulation, informal government regulation, and the potential impact of multi-lateral, regional and bi-lateral free trade agreements.
- Supply chain mapping of the potato industry in Thailand and Malaysia, including relevant supply windows, market access demands, competitive positions, and price sensitivity analysis.
- Commercial strategic directions and future recommendations were developed to inform future stages of access to these markets for both the South Australian Government and South Australian potato exporters.