Managing Partner at AsiaAustralis, Nathan specialises in strategic international management and policy advice to governments, NGO’s and corporations in the Asia Pacific. He has a detailed and unique knowledge of emerging corporate and government opportunities in Asia, gained through extensive experience operating in Asian markets. Nathan has over 10 years experience operating in international markets, with a particular focus upon the broader Asian market. Possessing a wealth of knowledge and experience, Nathan has worked in management roles in multiple industries; from the health and leisure through to manufacturing, engineering and education.
As a professional with a particular focus on Asia, Nathan’s strongest skills and abilities exist in international business and cross cultural environments, where he has substantive experience facilitating international business transactions and trade between Australia, Asia, Europe and North America. Nathan is a natural communicator with exceptional negotiation skills and abilities, particularly in cross cultural environments. His negotiation skills have been enhanced through his professional and social experiences, and have been advanced through his academic research in International Business Negotiations. Nathan has published articles in a number of internationally recognised business journals and conferences.
In recent years, Nathan has worked as an Adjunct Lecturer at The University of Adelaide Business School, The University of South Australia, and Flinders University teaching across multiple International Business subject areas. Specialising in Strategic Management, International Business, International Marketing, Negotiation, Globalisation, Corporate Responsibility and International Accounting.
Recent clients include:
- Australian Government – Department of Agriculture
- Victorian Government – Department of State Development Business and Innovation
- Victorian Government – Department of Health
- Victorian Government – Department of Human Services
- South Australian Government – Department of Manufacturing, Innovation, Trade, Resources and Energy
- SA Government – Department of Premier and Cabinet
- SA Government – Department of Primary Industries and Regions
- The Government of Timor Leste
- Institute for International Trade
- University of Adelaide
- Flinders University
- Various Commercial clients: market entry advice, supply chain access, and gaining regulatory approvals in Asia (Wineries, Development Aid, Mining Services, Mining Products, Engineering Services, Agricultural commodities).
Additionally Nathan is an Adjunct Senior Lecturer at Institute for International Trade and the Business School at The University of Adelaide, teaching across multiple Management, Strategy, Corporate Governance and International Business subject areas. Nathan is also a Lecturer in the Flinders University – Nankai University Masters of International Relations, Trade and Economics program in China. In addition to his academic and business pursuits, Nathan is an executive member of two Asian Business chambers in Australia: National Vice President and Director of the Australia Indonesia Business Council, and Secretary of the Australian Asian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.